My day started off interesting:
I had a doctor's appointment today at the hospital to see how I'm going with my PCOS. I've never been to this doctor, so I was a bit on the nervous side of things. I met with Dr. H and medical student Beth, told her my history or what I knew of it, and basically got down to the nitty-gritty. I told her that I was at my heaviest last year, and that I've been working on losing weight since then. She asked me how much I've lost so far, and I told her, and she was pretty excited about that. So she's thinking just from my symptoms (really bad cramps, some bad acne) that my ovaries are possibly reacting positively to the weight-loss and they are trying to work properly on their own, which is good news. But to be on the safe side, she's ordered another ultrasound, and lots more blood tests to check to see what else is going on, so I have that to look forward to next week. She did say that if we were desperate to start trying for a baby, I could go on some medicines that would kick start the ovaries, but that's a last resort I'm thinking.
So after that, I went grocery shopping. Or let me rephrase that, I attempted to go grocery shopping... I stepped out of the car, and into a huge puddle full of slime from all the wet nasty weather we've been having, and next thing I know, I'm ass over head and laying in said slime puddle covered in goop. So I have a sore butt cheek, a bruised and scraped arm, and a scraped up foot. We decided to head home so I could change because I was absolutely soaked.
So we get back into the car, start heading out, and there is a huge traffic jam... in the parking lot. Of a supermarket. That's right. I am not lying when I say, we sat in the car for 45 minutes trying to get from the 2nd floor of the parking garage (It's only 2 stories!) It's a good thing I wasn't more seriously injured, because I can say I would not have been happy bleeding to death in a supermarket parking lot because some idiots don't know their road rules.
So weight loss wise, I was naughty today. Well, not too naughty. But after hubby's and my date night, (which I did OK not over eating, not great, but I tried.) I told myself to I was not having anymore junk this week, and I gave in since I was out and about all day unexpectedly, and had Subway... At least it wasn't McDonald's I guess. And I'm still under my calorie limit for the day so that's positive, I guess it'll all come down to the scales on Wed.



No comments:
Post a Comment